Friday 1 June 2012

THE LITTLE DETAILS

I'm hoping to incorporate as much detail as is practical on my 3mm 4CEP model. Bodyside handrails are more than possible - Phil Parker has got them on his Kitmaster Mk1s on FLOCKBURGH , but I wondered if door handles and door bangers could be modelled.Encouraged by tips and advice from other   3mm Society  members I decided to have a go.
I found a packet of  Markits  4mm scale 'T' door handles (ref M4CDHb) , which dont look too out of scale,and for the bangers I drilled 0.5mm holes, fitted plastic rod (Plastruct ref: MR20) standing just proud, then drilled that 0.25mm and fitted more rod (Plastruct ref: MR10) standing proud again- this would be the rubber buffer part.

0.5mm rod fitted, next step drill out 0.25mm and fit more rod


a finished trial door banger. a coat of paint hides many sins. The centre part needs trimming back some more though


Doing this will be good practice for all the roof detail that will need to be added to all four cars- they all have the external lighting conduit/wiring.

door bangers on Mk.1 SO E4550, on the Severn Valley Railway





No comments:

Post a Comment